Do you ever have moments when you have no idea why you are happy? Moments that could pass insignificantly by but somehow joy gives the moment substance.
Wearing an upside down smile last week was no fun and wore me out. This week I can't seem to keep the dimples in check. I don't know if people are praying extra hard this week for me or what, but I have been reminded that when I am weak, "The joy of the Lord gives me strength." So I'm living it up and loving the joy that keeps surprising me this week.
Perhaps it was the extra caffeine and lack of sleep affecting me last night, or perhaps it was the fact that Marin was giving Chris a haircut in our "foyer" (that is the 15 1/2 floor tiles in front of our door) last night. I could not stop laughing. Maybe it was also because Marin decided to wear her fake teeth. Or that Chris was super nervous about the scissors in Marin's hand. Or perhaps it was because I was procrastinating grading my math papers and decided to throw the popcorn for my 4th graders' party at those in the foyer.
Whatever happened last night was amusing. I guffawed. I doubled over. More than once.
And I said some thanks for joy. And for people to share it with.
No comments:
Post a Comment