For those that know me well, you understand that I do not have a huge welcoming heart towards animals. I don't know why, but I never feel the need to pet or go out of my way to embrace a furry dog or any of those things that people normally feel. I like to think that for whatever affection I lack towards animals, I show towards people. Anyways, my level of love for animals has fallen drastically this last week as I was....dun dun dun...bitten by a dog. I am not even kidding around here, our neighbor's dog got loose and bit a hole in my brown pants last week. Not being very quick in the reaction department, I simply screamed and ran and thankfully the dog let go of my pants. This little scare and the lack of the neighbor's responsibility causes us to walk a different direction to school at times, not chido. (cool)
On the same day of the dog attack last week, I was assaulted by a parking lot arm. I may be coming off as clumsy or unaware or both, but shortly after the attack of the perro (dog), Marin and I were walking around one of the outdoor malls here. Both of us were exhausted and slightly out of it. As I was following my beloved roomie, she jumped out of the path and once again I struggled from a slow reaction and got pelted by one of those huge parking lot arms that allow cars in/out of the lot. My shoulder is nicely bruised now.
Friday night was our first staff Christmas party. Marin and I were priviledged to be a part of the teacher's choir and got to stand up front and croon a few bilingual Christmas carols. This was probably Marin's favorite part of the entire Mexican experience so far....she'd be the first to tell you with the rolling of her eyes. :)
Another thing I cannot escape in Mexico is the sport of soccer. Almost every week we have a fun little soccer game with some of the students and staff. And never did I think I would enjoy this sport, but I find myself looking forward to it every week. And especially looking forward to next summer when I can actually prove myself worthy to my siblings who have played soccer more than the average joe.
By the way, the wedding a couple weeks ago went alright. I don't know if I'll ever be an official greeter again, as it may have been the most awkward job ever standing by the door and saying hello to all the natives. But we enjoyed the moment and survived with a smile.
Well those are a few of the things I would show you if I could, but for now, follow me and enjoy the read. And if you're curious, it's just 7 days until I head home to the frozen tundra of Minnesota! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment