Home, the place I have thought so much about while I have spent months here in Mexico. Home, the place where so many of the people I love I left behind. Home in 11 days. Wow.
Thinking about home so much lately with the antic
Though I haven't made a wish list for sometime now, I begin to wonder what my wishes would be these days. In the past I never would have put "see my siblings" on my wish list, for we fought way too often for that. But I think that is one that would be on my current list, so Mom you were right when you told us kids that we would be best friends someday.
In the past, I didn't realize all the things I had around me. It's funny that the things I wish for today would never have made the cut in the past. The things that make the cut today aren't material items. Never would I wish for a discman or a pink Barbie convertible.
My present wishes don't come in the form of presents.
And the wish list of my life today is no more than to be with those I love.
Funny how simple life can be.
Funny how little I really do need.
Funny how I often forget the little I do need and often do get lost in lists of unnecessary things. Maybe this holiday season, as red and green as it may be, can be enjoyed in the abundant simplicity of all I already have.
2 comments:
Remember last year when you gave me my secret santa present at caleb's house and then we had the DTR and decided we were BFF's??? lol :)
Becca
Hey Dom! only 4 more days now! I love being able to read your blog right here from home. I'll see you oh so soon, and keep updating us. you're a great writer. I love you!
~Hannah
Post a Comment