Wednesday, August 29, 2007

this old house

Well Marin and I would be fooling ourselves and y'all if we told you everything was perfect in our little house. But we almost like it that way, it keeps things interesting as things continue to go wrong and we continue to laugh it off. So the latest woe we have suffered or enjoyed depending on how you look at it is what I would like to share with everyone today.

Sunday night after Marin and I returned to our house quite tired (Marin was also sick) after a great afternoon of visiting an orphanage, drinking coca-cola with new friends and playing pool at the billiard hall with new friends, we only wanted to go to bed.

So as we were getting ready for bed the unthinkable happened. I was washing my face with my eyes shut when suddenly my feet started getting very wet with the hot water we now get to enjoy in the house. Unsure of what was happening I opened my eyes to see that a pipe had burst under the sink. I quickly turned off the faucet which stopped the water from flowing but did not stop the sink from its descent off the wall. The sink slowly eased its way off the wall and ended up hanging by one screw. As all this was happening, I was yelling "Marin, help me!". The poor girl had gone to bed being sick and all but came out to see the pool of water we now had on the floor. After sopping up the water with a towel we both went to bed laughing about the latest incident we would have to relay to the landlady. About 5 minutes after retiring for the night, we heard a loud crash as Marin yelled, "Well there it went..." Our sink ended up on the floor and we ended up with another good story to share with anyone who cares to listen. I hope you guys can enjoy our life as much as we do....until next time! Adios!


P.S. I might have committed another one of those "nevers" yesterday as one of my students brought "a lunch for the teacher" and it was sushi! You can see how much I liked it from this photo, though I hope to start liking it at some point in the near future...we shall see.

No comments: