
The rain has been pounding the pavement more often these days. There are some mornings I wake up to the torrential drizzling and start dreading the walk to school as I realize the streets are probably flooded or puddled-up. Yet it could be worse.
When the downpour begins in the morning, I have a chance to adequately prepare myself for it. Black rubber boots and a red rain coat are my manner of preparing for the wetness awaiting me outside the apartment door. So honestly, it's actually hardly a headache or setback at all when the rain is expected.
Call me crazy, but I think life can be the same way. When an expected trial comes along, it's easy to take in stride. When we're prepared for a huge avalanche of work, it somehow seems easier to swallow. What really causes the headaches in life are the the flooding of unexpected events that threaten to drown us in moments unaware.
Taking a nap and some aspirin won't cure these life headaches. The answers aren't always cut and dry. Though I often find myself saying that surviving a crisis "just takes time", it never seems to lesson the uncertainty of the awaited resolution.
There are times I wish I had a way to avoid the predicaments life finds us in or at least that I had a way to be prepared for all the curveballs thrown at us.
I wish I was able to wear a raincoat and rubber boots for all the storms that life throws my way. But I've been learning that life isn't about always being prepared. There are times that more is learned when the raincoat and boots are not worn.
Sometimes
I need to get wet and caught off-guard to learn the lesson pouring down. Some storms last longer than others, but ultimately I know that the rain will come and the rain will go, whether I am ready for it or not.
I need to get wet and caught off-guard to learn the lesson pouring down. Some storms last longer than others, but ultimately I know that the rain will come and the rain will go, whether I am ready for it or not.
1 comment:
You're an amazing writer! I love how you can see every day occurences as something more and something bigger.. I really like this post
Post a Comment