Saturday, December 20, 2008

memories being made

Shaking her head just slightly and laughing, my mother often responds to ironic situations with "Oh, we're just making memories!" Whether that means the grandson has poured the entire box of dish soap into the dishwasher or we've got lost for the eighth time in Spain or a family game has turned too much into a competition, she knows that memories are being made.
I too have claimed this saying as one of my own. And I particularly like to recall this phrase of "making memories" during the many laughable stunts I and colleagues pull as teachers.
One of the most recent performances found me trying to be Baby Spice as 4 of us teachers experienced a flash from the past and performed "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls for the high school lip sync contest.
I swear I have too much fun in life. And don't worry Mom, many memories are always being made.

No comments: